Saturday, April 19, 2008

Timothy Richards offers his take on May 10

Ace vs. the Beast

When you think of the names Ace Darling and "The Beast" Glen Osbourne, you think of two of the best that ever stepped in between the ropes. Both accomplishing so much in their careers have very well proved it. From my first time watching from outside that very guardrail to facing both in that ring, I can say they are both very smart in that ring. It’s hard to say who will come out on top of this match. On one hand, you have Ace. One of the most technical men in the ECWA. He can work circles around the entire roster, believe me he showed me that in March. Then there is the Beast. There is a reason he developed that moniker. He is so strong, he left bruises on me for weeks. Just looking at him in that face paint, into those demon-like eyes will send shivers down the back of even the fearless. Running down the tale of the tape, Glen has the advantage, but I'm pulling for Ace. His skill might be too much for Osbourne.

Logans vs. Nightmares

Talk about oversized. HA. The Nigerian Nightmares are freaking huge. Not just their girth, but everything else. Their presence, their entrance, even their entourage. Just being around them creeps me out. Since day one the Nightmares have made their impact. Mean and nasty are the only words I can think of when it comes to them. The Logan Brothers have also made their own impact however. Since they first came in Matt and Bryan have dominated the Tag scene as well as the singles division. Both Super 8 competitors, the Logans proved they can wrestle, but I doubt wrestling will get it done against the Nightmares.

Freak Nasty's accident

Ahhh what can I say. For years, Freak has flip-flopped more times than I can count. His time in the ECWA has created more enemies than friends, and as days go by, that list shrinks even more. His mouth is definitely bigger then his brain. Now even though I was nowhere to be found when his unconscious body was discovered doesn’t mean I did it…or does it…

No comments: