Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sebastian Night comments on May 10 show

We asked everyone to comment on the Championship Icon vs. Icon match between ECWA Champion Glen Osbourne & ECWA Mid Atlantic Champion Ace Darling., as well as the Logan Brothers upcoming title defense against the 848 lb monsters that squashed them last time, The Nigerian Nightmares. We also asked them their thoughts on the mystery of "Who Attacked Freak Nastty." Below is Sebastian Night's contribution:

First of all, let me start this off by saying I am being forced to do this by the management of the East Coast Wrestling Association; and when I say management, I mean that overactive human adrenal gland, Freak Nastty. I fought him on this, but in the end, he signs the checks and he forced my hand. But, I will get back to him in good time, I promise.

On the subject of the main event of the ECWA show on May 10th, I have to say that if I wasn't already lucky enough to be a part of this show and to see this match first hand, I would be in line with all of the fans to witness it. Two of the biggest stars in ECWA history, face to face, ready to go one on one to see who the true Icon of the ECWA is. It's a match that has been building for years and now the question will finally be answered. It's a match that would make any wrestling purest salivate and the ECWA fans get to see it. Let me say a little bit about each of the competitors.

Ace Darling, The Indy Outlaw, legend of the squared circle and winner of the first ever Super 8 Tournament. Ace has forgotten more about wrestling than most young wrestlers have learned yet. Ace is a master of his craft in and out of the ring. Not only can he tie his opponents in knots inside the ring, but he can use his head to tie up their brains as well. Ace is the very definition of a Ring General. Ace is once again the ECWA Mid Atlantic Champion, one of the most prestigious titles in Independent wrestling and he is one of the most respected men to hold that title. Ace Darling is someone who has been through the wars and knows what it takes to get the W. I respect him as an entertainer and a wrestler more every single month.

Glen Osbourne, The Beast. When I first met Glen, he was "The Madman from the Badlands." He didn't care what the fans thought of him and his path to the ECWA Heavyweight Title was paved with Battered Bodies and Broken Dreams. Then one night, Glen lost that killer instinct. He went soft and he started hearing the chants and claps and started caring what they thought of him. Glen Osbourne found his smile. And it was all downhill after that. After a brief sabbatical away from the ECWA, Glen came back and much to my shock and awe, that killer instinct he had lost, was back. Yeah, he was still smiling and the fans were still cheering him, but when that bell rang, the monster I first saw was back. The Beast had been unleashed. Mr. Scott Wright felt it on April 5th and Glen became the new ECWA Heavyweight Champion. It pains me to say this, but this lipstick wearing freak respects the sacrifices Glen has made in life to perfect his craft and level he goes to, to make sure that every fan gets their monies worth.

So, what will happen when Ace Darling, the ECWA Mid Atlantic Champion faces off against Glen Osbourne, the ECWA Heavyweight Champion on May 10th? A phenomenal match, that's what will happen. These two know each other so well, each of them having over a decade of experience to draw from, but neither of them has a clear advantage. Ace will attempt to outwit him and out wrestle him and yes, if given the opportunity, will take shortcuts where he can, because that's something experience has taught him. It's all about getting your hand raised in the end. Glen will take his lead from the fans. He will feed on their cheers and excitement and they will push him beyond where his physical attributes would normally allow him to go. He will be fighting for them, to prove why he is the top dog in the ECWA. I don't know who will win, but I know they will give 100%, but that's the only way either of them knows how to wrestle.

As far as the ECWA Tag Team title match, I only have one opinion. That match should belong to my team, Leather N Lace. They have not been pinned since I put them together and if not for political interference after our match in April, we would have another win. But, I will once again try to put my bias aside. The Nigerian Nightmares are huge monstrous mounds of flesh who are surprising agile and athletic in the ring. But yet, still very unorthodox with their style. I don't envy The Logan Brothers task of facing them, though I would be lying if I said I hope the Nightmares win. Why? Because The Logans we can watch tape and prepare for, we can plan an attack. The Nigerians, I have to hope they were fed before the match, because I am not a rack of lamb for them to feast on. For me, from a strictly selfish point of view, I hope The Logans come out in the end as the champions. Because if they do, The Nightmares will have worn them down enough for them to be vulnerable and where there is a weakness, there will be new ECWA Tag Team Champions in Leather N Lace.

Now, as for Freak Nastty. I am not going to bite my tongue with you and be as objective. I have no reason to. You stuck your nose into my business. There is no instant replay in Professional Wrestling. Trust me, I looked it up and contacted four lawyers. The one who didn't hang up on me assured me I am correct. You stole a win from my team, Leather N Lace, and you know it. The referees decision is final, not up for a review of what "The Fans" want. Most of the fans, if they had an original thought, it would die of loneliness anyway. But, you care about what they want. You care so much, that you insinuated yourself into matches all night long. You have turned half the locker room against you, even your dear friends, the Logan Brothers, don't like you right now.

In my opinion, you got what you deserved. Now, for the record, I am not taking credit for it, nor am I denying it. But I will say, I found it quite funny to see you laid out like that. I had to stifle my desire to laugh. But you want to know what I found most interesting, Freak? That while you lay there, no one wanted to lift a finger to help you. No one had a look of concern for your well being. Why? Because you are all about you in the end. You brought this on yourself. So, ice down that lump and remember to watch your back, because you have no idea who is out to get you.

No comments: