Thursday, June 5, 2008

Referee Matt Bennett weighs in

As always there is much to talk about in the ECWA. The show on May 10th, just like all ECWA live events, was one that I will remember for quite some time.

The man known as Magnum debuted alongside Frederick of Hollywood and led Frederick in defeating Mega. I was the referee assigned to this match and let me tell you something, Magnum was sure keeping me busy. I was made aware of some shenanigans on the part of Magnum that lead to Frederick’s victory. Unfortunately, once an ECWA event is over, the referee’s decisions are final. But a memo has been sent out to Referees Mike Crockett, Jim Dickson, and myself from the ECWA offices to keep an eye on this new manager when he is ringside.

I would like to commend fellow referee Mike Crockett on his call in the title vs. title match. Both men were pinned with “The Beast” raising his shoulder after the count of two while Ace’s shoulder stayed down for the count of three. Glenn Osbourne is now our double champion and I can’t think of a classier individual to lead our promotion. Unfortunately, a less classy individual is one Ace Darling. He was unable to accept the fact that he lost the match, and literally ran out of the arena with both title belts in his arms. No one from the ECWA has been able to get in touch with Ace to get the belts back. He has just sent word though his associates that the “REAL Double Champ” will be in attendance on July 26th.

Word was released earlier this week about the suspension of Heavyweight Sean Royal. I have know Sean for many years and I highly doubt that Sean is the one who laid out Freak Nastty. Scott Wright does present a rather good argument though. I made numerous calls to Sean’s cell phone, only to have it go right to voicemail. I was finally able to get a hold of Sean’s fiancĂ©e, Caroline, via email. Her response was that Sean is heartbroken and does not understand how anyone could believe the accusations. She said that he has left his phone off turned because talking about it just gets him really upset. She closed the email by saying that Sean has been taking his emotions and channeling them in the weight room and apparently has gained many pounds of added muscle. Caroline always does seem to exaggerate, and I hope that this whole story is exactly that, one big exaggerated lie. Commissioner Naegele will be back in August to sort out the mess.

Scott Wright seems to be accusing lot of people. First Chase Del Monte and now Sean Royal. Does that seem like a guilty conscience to anyone but me?

What I will remember most about May 10th is how Prince Nana pulled me in the way of Loca Vida’s high cross-body off of the top rope. The impact upon hitting the mat knocked me out momentarily. I came to and in my daze counted Prince Nana as the winner when I shouldn’t have.I regained my wits to see the entire locker room in the ring, protecting Mr. Jim Kettner from the Nigerian Nightmares. Its rare in wrestling that everyone comes together for anything and it was nice to see that even the lowlifes (who will go unnamed) in the locker room do in fact care about Jim.

Thankfully the Logan Brothers saved us from having the Nigerian Nightmares as tag team champions. I have a funny feeling that if Prince Nana or any of his men get gold, they will try to gain as much control as possible in the ECWA. Freak Nastty will be back in July 26th and hopefully make some decisions regarding the recent events and most importantly, fill us in on who attacked him back in April.

Get well wishes go out to Chick Magnet Mike Tobin. I’m sure you’ll be back better than ever before we know it. I’m sure all the lady-fans of the ECWA can’t wait, LOL.

See everyone on July 26th,
Referee Matt Bennett

No comments: